Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Update as of August 2012

It's been awhile since I last blogged an update. I'm still ALIVE *=)

Let me just give you a summary of what had happened.
Last year, when I left the corporate world, I traveled a lot. Here's the proof. I used my savings which was suppose to be my medical savings in case something happened to me again. It became a travel fund. Every month, I was somewhere. When I saw my neurosurgeon July 2011, he said I was looking great. I was glowing. I told him I discovered a new medicine that really works but it's really expensive. Curious . . . he asked. I said travelling. He chuckled but agreed. I was not stressed and it did a lot good for me.

I was supposed to see him last December but I did not for two reasons. 1. Grand reunion . . . once in every blue moon . . . and a  lot of traveling with relatives who came home from different parts of the world and after so many years went back to the Philippines. 2. I chickened out again. Every time things would turn out great for me, I feel there was something out there waiting that would make me cry. It was a wonderful and unforgettable 2011. I did not want to end the year crying.

I would have my pain attacks every now and then but very rare. I forget to drink my medicine at times and my brain would remind me when it gives me the feeling of pain.

I still haven't seen any of my doctors because of financial issues now. I know when I start seeing them, I would go back to the regular routine of doing the series of lab test and MRI. Believe me it's not cheap. I am hoping and praying that now that I am back to working, I would be able to save up for my doctors and the tests and of course more travels.

I just want to share the support I got the other day that brought tears to my eyes.



1 comment:

  1. I appreciate all of the information that you have shared. Thank you for the hard work!

    brain tumor foundation

    ReplyDelete