Friday, January 28, 2011

The purpose

I have been diagnosed having a brain tumor on April 04, 2009. Eversince, I have been repeating this story of my life with a tumor a hundred times to a lot of people. I don't get tired of sharing it because I want people to be aware of this disease, the pains and wonders I have been going through and how it can somewhat do something in their lives. Though lately, I have noticed how my memory is failing me. Not sure if it has something with the surgery, the anesthesia or I'm just getting old. It just worries me that one day, I may not remember the details. I blogged this before and I am just re-writting it. I will try my best to make it interesting :)

I hope that you would be with me on this journey. Feel free to make comments.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Andy.
    You and my mom share the same medical problem. She too has a pituitary adenoma (Prolactinoma). She has been living with it for 23 years now as she was diagnosed when I was still 7 years old. Though she did not have surgery (and I pray that she will not ever need one as her neurosurgeons have all agreed), she has gone through a lot also. I have seen her having daily migraine attacks, drinking her "forever" Bromocriptine (Parlodel) pill and been with her through her annual cranial MRIs and her neurology consults. Just like you, she lives her life on a very positive note, enjoying each and every day, keeping her faith, and loving every moment she has with her family and friends.
    I do hope that many will be able to read your stories which are truly inspiring.
    God bless and enjoy your journey. I surely would want to be part of your journey too.
    I love you Andy. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  2. HI icedjam (hmmm...is this jam sibug? sorry :) )

    So it's a "forever" medicine, huh. I did not know that. But I have been drinking it for a year now and monitoring my prolcatin count.

    Thank you for reading my blog and hope you can follow my journeys and try them too hahaha

    http://ann-d-explorer.blogspot.com/

    Thank you,

    Andy

    ReplyDelete