Friday, January 28, 2011

The symptoms

The first question people would ask " How did you know?" Aside from the obvious answer that the doctor told me :) of course they would base it initially on symptoms.

Headaches - everyone gets this and I have poor eyesight so I thought it was because of my eyes. Migraines would be usually the reason. But that year, it has been getting really worse and it visits me almost every day.

Menstruation period - I thought I was just one of those who rarely gets it.

Food and water intake - year 2009, I have noticed I wanted to eat and drink more than my regular intake. I was always thirsty. I drink like a liter of water before going to bed.

Lactate - not milk but just liquid but odorless

Vision - I lost my peripheral vision. Not blurry but totally lost it. As in, black.

Mid-Feb 2009, I started having problems with my left eye. But my dad had to be rushed to the hospital because of his heart problem. I decided not to go to the doctor because I wanted to make sure I had enough money if in case my dad needs it for his operation or medication. Good thing, he didn't need it. Week after week, I would plan to go to the doctor but things were just crazy in the office and just did not have time. I even made sure I watched The Eraserhead LIVE: The Final Set concert as it is going to be their last but was hard ,as I can only see very little. It was black from my peripheral side. Near to blindness. I am scared of doctors and what they may bring to me. I delayed things hoping that when I wake up, all symptoms will be gone. 
  

No comments:

Post a Comment